Virtual assistants (VA) is freelancer that provides online support via remote work. The virtual assistant provides support to individuals or companies, however, they do not physically to the offices of clients. VA is required to work in the comfort of their homes.
If you’re interested in becoming a virtual assistant that earns money from home, then you should be familiar with the fundamentals of becoming a virtual assistant, and the abilities you will require.
What Does A VA Do?
In every industry there’s plenty of work to complete However, not all businesses are able to employ a worker to complete every task. The majority of startups do not have the resources to pay full-time workers. Therefore, they typically outsource certain tasks to “virtual” assistants.
There is a wide range of tasks for VA and there’s no end to the possibilities.
I’ve tried to categorize every task that a VA performs into seven categories.
Administrative VAs are more similar to office secretaries. All you require is time management abilities and an understanding of the accents of regional English.
In your role as a General Assistant you’ll be responsible for:
- Emails of your bosses and customers.
- Caller-to-phone inquiries.
- Booking appointments/tickets.
- Follow-up with the client.
- Calendar management.
- File management and database management.
#2. Digital Marketing
Digital marketing experts manage the marketing on the internet for the business. You must be knowledgeable in regard to the rules and guidelines of marketing online.
As a virtual marketing digital assistant You will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Examine data to determine the highest ROI.
- Create, schedule, and organize the content.
- Create strategies for your campaign and evaluate the results.
- Conduct an analysis of the competition.
In this case, you’ll be hired for a position as a development assistant for a mobile or website application. As a developer, you could assist startups in their efforts to enhance their web presence.
In the role of a development assistant you’ll be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Create your own app, website as well as plugin layout.
- Updates and maintenance.
- Troubleshooting and debugging.
- Uploading content.
- Making sure that the site or application is search-friendly.
#4. Design Virtual Assistants
Design assistants are needed to ensure that the website of the company is easy to use. The company will hire you by virtue of your design abilities.
In the role of a designer assistant you’ll have to perform the following tasks:
- Designing a business website.
- The design of the mobile application.
- Make flyers, business cards as well as other promotional materials.
- Product shots and boxes.
- Infographic design.
- Presentation design.
#5. Writing Virtual Assistants
As a writing assistant, you’ll be accountable for any type of content writing assignment. Sometimes, a writer assistant is referred to as a “data entry clerk”. Therefore, be evident during your meeting with your client if it’s an entry or data entry task or a writer’s position.
#6. Audio/Video Editing
An editing assistant is responsible for the incredible quality of audio or video. It could be the background music or the elimination of any irritating sound the entire process is performed by an editor of audio or video.
Making money is the main objective of every business. However, some entrepreneurs do not have enough time to take care of their financial affairs which is why they choose to hire an assistant with financial responsibility to assist them in managing their company and personal finances.
The jobs of a financial assistant are:
- Recording all financial transactions.
- Auditing documents.
- Examining account details.
- Verifying financial irregularities.
- Advice on the management of finances.
- Making entries for liability and asset.